Monday, July 11, 2011

Today's Playlist

Today I tried running for the first time in a few months. It started as a walk, but as often happens my mighty iPod motivated me to push a bit harder. Luckily I had legs itching to run and a mind needing clarity, so I tried it. And it felt good. Until afterwards, of course, when my ankle was sore and my back felt off kilter. But it was one hundred percent completely worth it. So in the spirit of my run and my iPod, I'm sharing a few songs off the playlist that I was loving. It's eclectic, and apparently just what I needed.



Some energetic Linkin Park Feat. Jay-Z got it started with "Numb Encore." Typically listen to it when flying down a hill on skis, so definitely had to get moving to this one.


Then came the emotions. Coldplay's "Fix You," the song I am counting down the days to hear at ACL.


I love this song so much I need the lyrics. It's as beautiful on paper as in the air.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"


And finally, to round off my slightly depressing hits, I ended with a soul-lifter: 
OneRepublic "Good Life"


"Sometimes there's airplanes I can't jump out
Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
We are god of stories but please tell me

What there is to complain about...

Oh this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life"


Here's to the start of a good week!

LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!