Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Halloween Takes The Cake


**Psst- It's day 4 of the contest and Declan has gone from 18th to 5th place because of ALL YOUR VOTES! 
Have we said how much YOU ROCK?!



It's not EVEN CLOSE to over yet though. We need to get him to 1st! So please will you vote again?

Remember, you can vote on every device and browser

I even have come up with a GREAT idea to help it get shared!! 

Think of three people who you know love babies, are bored at work, or just are crazy about anything internet or voting related. Got em? Now share directly with those three! Maybe they can do the same, and BAM! A gazillion votes. 

Or maybe on facebook? Or by email? Or on your blog!!

As warned in the beginning, I will be annoying this week (sorry), but he is SO close and there are just a few days left. So please just take a few seconds and click. 

EVERY VOTE COUNTS! 
And is SUPER, DUPER important. 

THANK YOU!

________________________________________________________________________________


Yesterday was busy. There ain't no beatin' round that bush. Was it busy in a life threatening way? No. Was it busy in a must-do or bad times will fall upon us way? Nope. It was simply a busy day filled with mama bear duties, fueled by a fierce focus to have my baby win a contest (have you voted, by the way?), and an even fiercer dedication to having a fully finished family costume. It was busy, and it was good. It was the type of day that ends with feet up, SVU on, and two spent parents passing wine back and forth. But above all that, it was Mr. Declan's first halloween.

Halloween with an infant is one of those in betweens where you want to dress them up and take them around because they are so gosh darn cute, but putting time, money, and effort into it? mmm. Not so much. It's not like they care that they are the most adorable thing since baby uggs. Excitement to them can come from a plastic Starbucks lid.

But there are the photos. Oh, the photos. So possibly needing pictoral leverage years from now, we decided his first Halloween was a must. In true Brunyate-Staebler fashion, I buckled down to a sewing machine, came up with a costume, and was sweating up until the minute we left. So glad I whipped it up, but the house is a'hurtin. If you've seen my cleaning motivation, please send it over my way. Thanks.


The drumroll please....

{we found that baby costumes are nearly impossible to keep in their proper places, hence the ankles and falling hooves}

Do you get it? I mean, DO YOU GET IT?!

Probably not, because it's kind of obscure, and definitely meant for big fans of a certain band. Here are a few more hints.


So Peyton was ________. He was meant to be holding a microphone, but at least sported his trucker hat.


I was Kitty-turned-Karen, definitely snazzed up a bit with my attire.


And little man Dex was a sheep with a ticket to heaven attached.

A few more seconds of pondering...

...

...

...

And with the suspense killing even me, I'll just tell you.

Peyton was CAKE, as in the band, I was representing their song "Short Skirt and Long Jacket", hence the clothes, and Declan was "Sheep Go To Heaven." AHHH!!

That probably excites me more than it does you, or anyone else, but we thought it was fantastically clever. (We don't get out much and really enjoy foosball, could that explain it??) I'm not typically one to dress up, but this was simply too good to miss.




{blurry, but what fantastic mother/daughter matching!}
There was lots of this:


Followed by this:


As it should be, of course.


The night ended with sugar induced shenanigans centered around a piece of cake. You know the saying, "Give a kid a box..."




So clearly, the whole night was a success. There were cuddles, costumes, and treats galore. Declan loved kid watching and was the sweetest little lamb I've had the pleasure of enjoying. And years from now we can threaten to unearth those photos when he's being all uppity. That's what this is all for anyway, right? ;)

How was your night of ghouls and goblins? Did you have a themed costume? Stay at home? Trick or treat with the kids dressed as a responsible mom? 

And I'm super excited to say...

Let the holiday season commence!


LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

10 comments:

  1. OMG, that song is one of Justin and I's favs! I totally guessed it. That is a genius Halloween idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian!!! I still am so proud of us. haha Send it over to him to see (and vote?). Happy first of November!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! I love the costumes and how they tie together! The big piece of cake is really neat and original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Peyton was REALLY excited about making that cake. Who were you for halloween? I saw your costume in the video and other comments said Harry Potter (which I LOVE), but they weren't Hermione's colors (but maybe you just used a tie on hand??). It was cute no matter what though!

      Also, I just tried to email you this response through the notification I got, but you are a no-reply blogger. Did you know that? I just found out I was and changed it. Super easy, just google it. You might want it that way though, so in that case I'll just reply on here!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would hop on over to my blog and follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following/commeting from the Mommy brain mixer! I hope you'll come and do the same :)
    http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so cute! I love creative costumes! Your little sheep would've gone perfectly with my tiny little lamb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay you guys are absolutely adorable and I LOVE the Cake band idea. I love Cake so I definitely appreciated this, although it did take some hints for me to get it! Your little guy is so cute- makes me want to have kids right now! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    Bonnie
    www.bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME. Look at ya'll with your crazy clever costumes!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!