Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering

{source}

To all of those whose lives were impacted by the attacks on 9/11, I apologize for my actions that day. I'm sorry I didn't respect the enormity of what was happening, or the lives that were lost, or the courage and bravery that was shown. I'm sorry that I sat and wondered what I would do on my day off rather than cry for the thousands of shattered lives. It's no excuse, but I was young and oblivious, and I see now just what that day was. I wish I could say that I understood in those moments, that I mourned with fellow Americans and wondered why, but I didn't. All I can say is that I'm sorry and I feel it now. I remember and I replay.  And I am grateful to those who gave up their lives for us, those who trade their safety day in and out for mine, and those who let their loved ones follow this call. You are heroes and will not be forgotten.


LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

2 comments:

  1. It is good that you remember now, and you honor the victims and their families. But don't beat yourself up over the past. You were very young, and thankfully the scope of the disaster wasn't apparent to you, at least in part to the happy life that you had up to that point (I am making that assumption!). I know when I was young, it was impossible to understand that such horrible things actually happen to people sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!