Monday, October 15, 2012

ACL- The Non-Ligamental Variety

This weekend, my fifth Austin City Limits festival, was magic as always. Two years ago, this party was the closest thing to a honeymoon for us as we celebrated only six days post-nuptials. Last year, excitement came as I saw two pink lines on a stick, telling me that the festivities would be sans Pimms. And with smiles all around, this ACL included little Dex.

The festival is my favorite staycation. The perfect blend of relaxation and go-go-go, it keeps you trekking from stage to stage and has you sunbathing in between. (Well, sunbathing or rain dancing, depending on the day.) The sun is hot or the rain is cool; very rarely have I experienced that beautiful temperate day. But this hardly matters as you are surrounded by friends and friends-to-be and people that are enjoying the same space, and there is a fulfilling oneness in this that takes the experience far beyond the music.

It's weekends like this that make me long to be a professional photographer. I wish I could take all my feelings, emotions, thoughts, and memories and wrap them up into a perfect little package for all to see. I wish I could capture the way the short grass feels on bare feet or the sounds of competing bands over happy voices sound or the way the hodge podge of colors and people and umbrellas and flags is beautiful. I want to show you why teaching Declan to two-step is now on my list, so he can take a pretty girl by the hand and lead her around a dirt floor on her tip toes. Or for you to feel the hidden beauty that comes when standing in line for the porta-potties at sunset while watching hundreds throw their hands up to some reggae. We take pictures, but they don't do it justice. So please- just go. It's awesome and won't be regretted. Camp Declan, under the bright orange Hup Holland flag, will be waiting for ya'.



 Until next year ACL. You never fail to disappoint. 

(This post shall be filed away for whenever Declan decides that we're lame. Excuse me son, we knew cool before you could crawl. Though, this title and those pics of him might prove otherwise...)

LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for getting ear protection! Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! :) We had been planning it since last year and he did just fine with it on. Sometimes if it wasn't too loud he'd go without, but it was so great not to worry in those crazy bands like bassnectar.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! Little Declan is so adorable. So smiley and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We did. It's all we've got here to keep us occupied while you northerners go pumpkin picking and drink cider and such. For that one weekend I'm happy, but I'm back to wanting fall!!

      Delete
  3. The first one of him in the hat is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh!! Thanks! It seriously makes me giggle every time I see it. I might have to keep it around for an instant mood booster.

      Delete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!