Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stay


There they stood. Two people in a crowd. Two people drawn together by life, tied together by kisses, and wondering what the future held. She was one for words, oodles of words that could take up pages and fill up rooms. He was one for actions, time being the very best gift.

The Austin skyline lit their view standing on that rooftop deck. It was his city; she was just testing the waters. She had needed change, a little shaking up. New people, new experiences, a new opportunity to wipe it all clean and start over. So she moved. With a car and a dog and a trunk full of goods, she crossed the country with hopes to find whatever it was she was looking for.

She wasn't sure what she had found, but she was sure she was happy. It had been right, that much she knew. But he wasn't clear. He held her, he kissed her, his eyes smiled every time they met hers, but he wasn't ready to commit. He wasn't ready to take that leap, to lay his cards down to let her see. He was cautious. He was quiet. He was logical, but love defies logic.

So that night, that clear, warm, August night, when he pulled her to him as though she was his, she couldn't help but smile. It felt right. This night felt right. He'd realize it too, it was in those cards.

"I hope you'll stay. I hope you'll stay for a while."

Not an I love you, not even a commitment, but enough of his heart to show that she was right where she was meant to be. And that this place that had called her to it was indeed exactly what she'd been looking for.


**Linking to On Your Heart and Just Write.**
LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

11 comments:

  1. I love this! So beautifully written and captivating. I was sucked in from the beginning and continued to smile more the further I read. What an awesome way to share that and such a gorgeous, hope-filled part of your story! Love your take on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for your sweet, and very eloquent blog comments. I just went through a few of your posts, and you're a lovely writer! I'm now a follower, thank you for contacting me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Those are beautiful words. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet, I think sometimes the things that are spoken like this are so much more meaningful since I love you is so programmed into our society and this took so much more thought and care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this could be a page out of a romance novel, lovely writing! Made me go all warm and gooey on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written! You captured that moment so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Way to capture that moment sister! What a beautiful piece to your story (and one of my favorite"challenge posts" this month) thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!