Thursday, May 16, 2013

I've Got Nothing and It All.



I've got nothing. Honestly- nothing.

I've let this topic simmer in my mind for a few days, going over all the things I could say and that list is nonexistent. I could make this funny, but I'm just not feeling it.

I had a part right here with a sad story about a sweet little girl passing. It was awful and unlucky and my heart just aches for her and her family. After some debate though, I decided that it wasn't necessary to include. We shouldn't need to see sorrow to appreciate our own gifts. We should be able to look right in front of us and point them out one by one.

My baby is curled up with his blankie sleeping soundly right now. Sure, his chosen lovey might not be the thing my dreams are made of, but it comforts him. I can hug him. I can kiss him. I can say goodbye to my husband as he leaves for work, hoping that I will clean up this beautiful new house we live in. I might go to Whole Foods later, because we have the money to buy quality goods, or I might just take a walk through the neighborhood, because my legs and body are strong and capable.

My "lot in life" is good. Nitpicking just seems wrong today.


**Looking for something a bit more light-hearted? Sneak a peak at yesterday's.**

LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

17 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to honor Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo of you and your little is perfection.

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we should rather think about the things that are good in our life.

    what a sad story about Lucy I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain and sorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
    I'm struggling with this topic today but have been so impressed by the outpouring of love and gratitude it has ignited.
    Such a sweet way to honor precious Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post and something I need to remember always. "If we all threw our troubles in a pile with everyone else's, we would probably end up pulling ours back out once we saw what others threw in." My lot in life could be a lot worse and I need to take more time to be grateful for the one I was given. Thank you! My prayers will be with Lucy and her loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully said. It's easy to forget all the good things we have and can often take for granted. Just looking around for something really difficult about our life to write about is a great way to appreciate that life's really pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words.
    I read earlier when you had included the paragraph about Lucy, my thoughts are with all that knew her for that precious year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found it tough today too. Your post is really beautiful, the words, the picture...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like everyone has already said, this is beautiful. And so refreshing and honest. Thanks for some much needed perspective today. I'm really glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry to hear about the loss in your life. It must be terrible. I do like your post though. It is an attitude like yours that will actually help other people deal with their own difficult "lots" when they come up.

    "We shouldn't need to see sorrow to appreciate our own gifts. We should be able to look right in front of us and point them out one by one."

    Thanks for sharing,Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful story about Lucy...

    wait. wait. wait.

    I know you told me. This however is a perfectly perfect, granted now I kinda am getting a complex wondering if I did this thing all wrong.. maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for writing this. It is so important to aknowledge when your life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this photo too! And thanks for reading and commenting on my posts! You are such a great writer, I cannot come near, but I wanted to at least begin getting things written on the blog, so I do appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful. I literally thought the same thing -- I didn't have much to say, so I just talked about the struggle I have sometimes with my husband's job. Haha -- it was the best I could come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!