Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Do



I love those around me. I give hugs, and lots of them. Hoisting a baby up on my hip and back down again happens often- over and over and over. I love on him, that sweet baby of mine.

I waste time. I feel guilty about said wasted time. I work on balance. Then I sit in front of my computer to research how to find said balance, which is certainly not wasted time.

I dream. In my sleep and in my wake. I dream of what I could do, what I could be. I dream of what twenty more years will look like. I dream of what next Monday will look like.

I love things that I don't do enough of. Running. Reading. Crafting. Writing. Probably due to that silly wasted time.

I take too many pictures. I don't take enough pictures.

I push a stroller and I throw a ball. I read Goodnight Moon for the 289th time and tuck the baby in for the third that day. I snack, snack, snack and try to figure out what to actually eat while standing there snacking.  I clean, but not enough. I cook, but not enough. I sometimes feel guilty a bit too much.

And at the end of each day I wind up on the couch- with my husband, some food, and a favorite show- knowing that I'm wasting time but loving it all the same.


**Check out other posts at Story Of My Life**
LIVE THE MURRAYED LIFE

22 comments:

  1. I love the photo! And I can relate to some of these very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post.

    "I waste time. I feel guilty about said wasted time."

    I can completely relate to that. When I sit down to relax I feel guilty about it so then I don't enjoy it, so I might as well just have done one of the hundreds of jobs on my To Do list anyway. What a stupid circle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. And I feel in this day and age it's so easy to waste time and also so easy to feel guilty. I mean, I go to the computer to relax and then see all the recipes and crafts that I should be doing, or read a post on how productive people actually function!

      I hope you haven't stopped posting for the challenge, by the way!

      Delete
  3. and I email Shay, because I'm awesome.

    you forgot that one, but don't worry I got your back.

    P.S. I like how you spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I clean, but not enough. Definitely. Sounds like you're using your time in a pretty good way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all of this!!!!

    And good night moon is such an amazing book, :)!

    I love wasting time but then feel guilty, glad I"m not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I'm definitely always wasting time and then feeling guilty about it - which... isn't wasted time at all? Hahaha... Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to every item on your list! Right now I'm sitting on the couch feeling guilty for not being out in the pouring rain with my little one running the errands I said I was going to run today.


    www.smileandwrite1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I waste time all the time, sometimes I don't even feel bad about it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I just love that baby! What a great photo. I also like your list. It is so different now that my kid is older. But I am here to say you have at least another 50,872 more readings of Good Night Moon ahead of you before you are done and then you start with the grandkids. Thank God its such a riveting read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! I don't know if I waste time so much or if there just isn't enough time in the day to get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Then I sit in front of my computer to research how to find said balance, which is certainly not wasted time."

    Story.of.my.life.

    You're great, Christina. I'm glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get enough time in the day to fit in as many runs as I would like or books. I totally feel you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great..there is definitely not enough time in the world. You can never take enough pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes!! Sounds pretty much like my days! Love the ending though...we do the same thing :) Curl up with a good snack and some Netflix :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. It sounds just like what I do.
    I especially like the goodnight moon part. I used to nanny, and the baby wouldn't sleep without goodnight moon. worse yet, sometimes it took several readings.

    I know the book forwards and backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love this post, because it sounds an awful lot like what I do every day! ;)

    PS - I swear I'm not a crazy person, but are you wearing a Madewell v-neck tee in your picture? Because I'm obsessed with them, if so, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice, your description of dreaming is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this. My favorite one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like that too sometimes. Of not doing things enough, and doing it too much that I need a break.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are kinda the best and brighten my day! :)

And psst... I'd really love to write back, but usually do so through email, so I hope you're not a no-reply commenter!